Roadmap to Beyond Net Zero
The UK concrete and cement industry has launched a roadmap to become net negative by 2050. The roadmap is major milestone in the industry’s decarbonising journey, building on the 53% reduction in absolute carbon dioxide emissions that has been achieved since 1990. The event also sets the roadmap within the context of the UK Concrete Sustainable Construction Strategy.
This event provides:
• an opportunity to learn more about the 2050 roadmap to beyond net zero.
• an understanding of the seven technology levers used within the roadmap.
• an overview of the assumptions and exclusions behind the roadmap that demonstrate an industry path to net negative emissions without relying on carbon offsetting.
• the latest update on the forthcoming UK Concrete Sustainable Construction Strategy to 2030 and an overview of progress since 2008.
- New books releases: water harvesting and fluid Mechanic Book – Jan 2021
- Tree-inspired Hotel to Turn Heads with Eye-catching Facade
- New Lego-like Beams Could Revolutionize Construction
- Beneficial Effects of Bacteria for Construction: Using Living Bacteria to Design Self-growing Engineering Materials
- New Modern Building Materials: MSU Researchers Exploring Cement Alternative Using Fungi, Bacteria